The Witch Apprentice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Festival of Jana and Janus (Rome)

Go down

Festival of Jana and Janus (Rome) Empty Festival of Jana and Janus (Rome)

Post  Admin 11/10/2008, 8:18 am

Festival of Jana and Janus (Rome)

JANA

Theme:Lunar Energy; Perception

Symbols: The Moon; Silver or Shiny Items

About Jana: This Roman goddess, whose name means "luninous sky," shines her light on the new year, extending improved insight and awareness as we move ahead. She is strongly associated with Juno and Diana and was often invoked before any other goddess in important undertakings. Traditional offerings to Jana included wine, incense, and barley.

To Do Today:To get Jana's attention and assistance in any magick you have plnned today, wear a piece of silvertoned jewelry or clothing (silver is the color of th eMoon).

For increased discernment to guide your actions in the months ahead, go outside with a silver-toned coin. Hold this to the moon, saying,

Jana, through the darkness and through the day,

Light my path and guide my way.

Carry this token with you. Touch it and recite the incantation anytime you feel your judgement wavering.

To improve your awareness of personal lunar attributes (sensitivity, intuition, and the like), burn a stick of jasmine incense or any sweet scent and meditate. Get comfortable, visualizing a full moon pouring its light into the area of your third eye. If it helps your focus chant,

Jana, Juno, Diana awake in me.

Make notes of the experiences and any insights that come.

By Patricia Telesco ~ From "365 Goddess"

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7100
Registration date : 2008-10-23

https://thewitchapprentic.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down